Wednesday, October 24, 2007

24/10/07

Yesterday we spent most of the day working on our tool box. i started off by cutting out the square dovetails on the ends and sides but i did them as pairs. this went pretty well for me and i didn't have any problems. After that i did the rebate on the side and ends so i could cut the square dovetails on the bottom. that was all i got to do in the workshop yesterday. The erst off the day we did work on the construction sequence and did research on glues. I did my research with Rhys and we did Sikaflex Construction. At the end of the day we did a little presentation on what we had researched and that's where we found that the Sikaflex product we did was really a sealant.

Today we worked in the workshop up until lunch and i managed to cut out the angles on my ends and chisel out where the handle went through. I thought i did this pretty good as well because everything worked out really well and didn't need many adjustments. Before lunch i also managed to get the runners for the sliding tray on. After lunch we had a small test to do where we had 23 questions to answer. most of these were on the saw horse project but there was a couple of extras in there that weren't related to the saw horse. After we did that we went back into the workshop and did some more work. I got to plane down some pieces for my sliding tray before quickly marking up some square dovetails out. After i cut them out i was really happy because most of them didn't need much more before they went together. I am now doing a few finishing touches but I'm not quite finished on that part yet.

No comments: